What is a Kodi repository?
A Kodi repository is also named as kodi repo is a place where all the addon files are stored. Anyone can download the addon from kodi repository at anytime. It allows you to access kodi addons very easily. These kodi repositories comes with menus that allow you to browse and install new addons easily. Finding the best kodi repositories list is not easy. The repository is the best way to get all the top add-ons installed on your Kodi. We can simply add the repository as sources under the “File Manager” option which is present in the System settings menu of Kodi. If you want to download any add-on without installing the repository, you cannot get updates. If you can’t receive any updates, your add-ons stop working.
How to Install a Kodi Repository?
There are two ways are available to install Kodi repository. But the great way to install Kodi repository is to use your web browser to find source files and download the zip files. Now let us see the methods for how to install a Kodi repository.
Method 1: Installing Kodi Repository with ZIP File
If you are having the repository zip file, you have to follow the below steps carefully to install a Kodi repository.
- First of all, you have to open Kodi app on your device.
- Now, you have to go to the Kodi Homepage.
- From the Kodi Homepage, you have to select the gear icon.
- Now you have to select the addons -> install from zip file -> Kodi main page.
- After that, a pop-up message will be appeared on the screen. Now, you can access the repository through System ->settings -> addons -> install from the repository.
Method 2: Installing Kodi Repositories with URL
- First, you have to open Kodi app on your device.
- From the Kodi Homepage, click on the gear icon.
- Now, you have to select the File Manager from the System settings menu.
- Now double-click on the Add source option.
- Now the Add file source dialog box is displayed on the screen. In that, you have to select the <None>.
- Here you have to enter the path of the required repository as “repo URL.zip”. Make sure that the path which you have entered is correct and then click OK.
- Now you have to enter a name which you want for the media source and then click OK.
- After entering the repository URL and name, you can navigate to the Kodi Homepage and select the add-ons.
- Now you can tap on the Package Installer icon which is present at the top-left corner.
- Now you have to select the Install from zip file.
- Here you need to select the source which you have already entered in step 7.
- Now you need to select the repository zip file to download the required repository and wait for few seconds while the repository completes its installation process.
- After the repository gets installed successfully, you will receive an pop-up at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Now you have to select the installed repository to see a list of addons which are all available in that repository.
These are the two best methods to install a repository on Kodi.